Sunday, June 1, 2008

WITH THE GOOD COMES THE BAD


An incredibly busy week (one that isn't over) has prevented me from posting much. I could go into detail about my overload of work, but that's boring. Let's get to the real shit.

THE LAKERS ARE IN THE FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so over Kobe Bryant at the beginning of the season and thought he should have been traded. Call me crazy, but there's something about hearing guys my age who make millions upon millions of dollars for playing basketball complain that drives me a little crazy nuts. Hey Kobe, let's switch places for a month. You can have my dilapidated apartment and watch as the hundred-dollar checks coming rollin' in and I'll bang your smoking hot wife in your mansion while ordering five star meals three times a day. Ok, so maybe I'm a bit jealous...

But alas, KB24 wasn't traded and I can continue to root for him. Until he cries again. I don't think Lakers fans will ever see the day Kobe's not a whiny little bitch.

So yeah, I'm happy. Way happy. But nothing lasts forever.

The Lakers are playing the Boston Celtics. I hate the goddamn fucking Boston Celtics. In fact, I don't really hate anything in this world except for the Boston fucking Celtics. Didja hear that team chanting "Beat LA" after they eliminated Detroit? Ugh. It pisses me off.

Why?

Because the Lakers are my team and for the duration of my 28 years, they've been the dominant franchise in the NBA. But history is not on our side. The Lakers have defeated Boston twice. The Celtics have defeated the Lakers eight times.

Of all the teams to meet, we had to get the goddamn motherfucking Celtics. I want to believe my Lakers can beat that three-man team, but I'm not so sure. There is nothing, I mean nothing, worse than the thought of the Lakers getting all the way to Finals only to lose to Boston. None of us can predict the future, but if the Lakers are going to lose, they should have done us all a favor and lost to San Antonio. That I can take. Boston? That's another story.

I'm getting anger goosebumps just typing this. Fuck you Boston. I was in your city once for all of three hours. Most of it was at a train station. It was January and fucking freezing. Your architecture looked neat and the few people I spoke to were nice, but your team can go fuck itself.

Please, oh please...let's not lose to the Boston Celtics.

No comments: