Saturday, March 14, 2009

PORTLAND AND IDAHO PICTURE ROUND-UP


The view from my bed into the living room.


Flat-screen tv.


Cool painting of a fisherman that my cousin nearly swiped from the wall after he saw it. He likes fishing.


This pattern was all over the carpet. Really cool when sober, but not so great to stare at after six beers.


I don't know why I took this picture.


If there was a contest for coolest cabinet designs of all time, this would win hands-down. All the people on the drawers are philosophers. My cousin mentioned something about how it probably had to do with how ridiculously smart people like their booze. Makes sense because behind the right drawer was a mini-fridge stocked with lots of alcohol. To the right, for the kids, was some sort of video game system. It wasn't Nintendo, that's all I know.


Not quite as awesome as the California King I have at home, but pretty damn close. The pillows were like sleeping on a woman's breast.


At home, I'm clean. On vacation, I throw my clothes all over the place and don't care. In this picture, that chair was where I tossed most of my gear.


The view out my window on Monday morning. Slightly overcast, just how I like it. I tried looking for people doing it, but I got nothing.


Opposite direction of the previous pic. This one looks toward all them bridges they got up there.


Straight out my window. I laughed at the schmucks who were at work while I was lounging in a hotel room. In fact, my favorite part about traveling has always been that amazing feeling of knowing I'm not at work while the rest of the world is stuck behind a desk. Next to sex and sleep, that might be the best feeling in the world.


Mi bano. Complete with coffeemaker, which was kinda weird, but when you need caffeine, anything will do.


Should shower curtains be this stylish? Is that even legal?


This was the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. By far. So I don't know if this is a Hotel Monaco thing or a fancy hotel thing, but there were robes and underwear for sale in the closet. It goes without saying, but if I was single and had been fortunate enough to pick up a lovely Portland lady, you best believe I'da dropped the $39.95 for this quality garment.


The outside of the hotel. The same spot where I had to go in after 2 a.m. to ask them to open the garage. I have this funny feeling that I might have been the only person who didn't get to bed at 10 p.m. in the entire hotel.


Ah, beautiful Boise, Idaho. I can now cross you off my list of places I've been.


I want to be stereotyped...


...I want to be classified.


The trees were really something special. Maybe it was the time of the year, but they just had a very "awww" touch to them. I almost heard bells and saw golden beams of light coming from the sky. Almost.


The view from my window at Tamarack. And I always thought that winter wonderland was just a song.


Snow everywhere.


We were on the third floor overlooking the main entrance. Had there been a fire, I wouldn't have thought twice to jump because there was tons of snow right outside. In fact, I thought about busting out the window and doing in just for fun.


See all those pillows? Taylor and I created a wall of them and put that between us so our asses wouldn't touch. He said he was fine without it, but I wasn't taking any chances.


A TV we didn't use.

No comments: