Friday, April 3, 2009

NATIONAL POETRY MONTH

I'm gonna try to post as many poems as I can this month to celebrate (or piss all over) National Poetry Month. This one's called Supposed.


SUPPOSED
At this stage in my life
I feel the weight of the world
resting on my shoulders
digging in like a pirate’s parrot
barking orders
while I can do nothing but cringe
I am supposed to be
someone
something
but I am not –
I am no one
nothing
The eyes, they stare
burn holes through my ragged clothes
I DO NOT CARE
Questions abound regarding my sanity
they believe there is a problem
namely, that I am a bum and a loser
they are half right
there is a problem
and that problem is
the fact that I won’t pretend to care about
god or money or politics or fame
I AM A BUM
I AM A LOSER
and goddamn it I love it

No comments: