Tuesday, August 12, 2008

DOWN THE DRAIN

There's no quicker route to getting me incredibly pissed off than going to the doctor. I've had this weird blister thingy on the top of my left ear for about two months. It hurts when I lay on it, but other than that, it's not been a problem.

I've got this friend who's had skin cancer a few times. Friend came over and told me I HAD to get it checked out. I don't know why, but I took Friend's advice and now I'm down $229.50.

On a positive note, I was in the waiting room for less than ten minutes, a new record. Once I got into the room, it was just another few minutes before the doctor looked me over. He suggested we deal with my ear right then, but failed to mention how the price would increase.

The male nurse moved me into the operating room or whatever the fuck it's called. I sat there for at least twenty minutes. Thankfully I brought a book. Finally the doctor arrives. He had me lay on my side with my left ear sticking up. He pokes with some numbing shit that worked and then bailed for three minutes. He returned, did what he had to do and it was over.

I got off the table and saw a bandage covered with my blood. I don't like the sight of blood, particularly my own. Now there's a band-aid on my ear and it stings like a motherfucker. All this for what I'm guessing is going to be a complete non-issue, one that costed me precious sleep time (I had to be there at 11:15) and the money I was planning to use on a trip this week.

There's got to be a better way.

No comments: