Thursday, April 3, 2008

GETTIN' OLD

Lots of things have happened over the past year or so that have told me I'm rapidly becoming an old man. I'd list a few examples, but I can't remember any, which is probably the biggest sign right there. But here's a new one.

I was taking a leak in the bathroom at El Camino College. A kid two stalls down was doing the same. When I was done, I went to the sink, washed my hands with warm water, got some soap and rinsed. The kid? He zipped up and split.

Not washing your hands in a public bathroom (with others around!!!!) is a surefire sign of youth. Bitching about kids not washing their hands in a public bathroom is just one more example of how I'm not a spring chicken anymore. I'm still not sure what's worse -- noticing the kid with the pisshands or being the guy who washes his hands. I'm pretty confident that washing is the correct answer, even though I know it's what old people do.

Fuck. I'm old.

1 comment:

Steve DeLuca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.